Events are held virtually until further notice
friday, June 18, 2021 | general meeting
Saturday, July 31, 2021 | Independence Celebration
Friday, September 17, 2021 | general meeting
friday, November 19, 2021 | general meeting
Friday, November 19, 2021 | Elections
friday, December 17, 2021 | general meeting
Friday, December 17, 2021 | Christmas Party
friday, february 26, 2021 |general meeting
Our general meeting was held virtually via Zoom at 7 pm CT, on February 26, 2021 with a meet-and-greet from 6:30 pm CT.
friday, april 16, 2021 | general meeting
Guest speakers 🇯🇲 from Victoria Mutual – Florida:
- Suzette Rochester Lloyd, Chief Representative Officer
- Gracelin Williams, Member Services Specialist
- Beresford Nelson, Business Development Associate
Our guest presenters gave a 15-minute presentation on investing in Jamaica. We hope to host Victoria Mutual for a longer presentation at a later date, as well.
SATURDAY, MAY 22, 2021 | SCHOLARSHIP CELEBRATION
The Jamaica Foundation of Houston hosted this year’s Scholarship Celebration virtually via Zoom on May 22, 2021 at 2 pm Central Standard Time (CST).
Each year, the Jamaica Foundation of Houston through its Scholarship Program, provides financial assistance, based on academic performance and family financial need to the most qualified college students selected for a pool of quality applicants.
Learn more on our facebook page and LinkedIn
The Jamaica Foundation of Houston hosts the following upcoming events:
CORE ANNUAL EVENTS
- The Jamaica Foundation of Houston hosts the following core events annually:
- White Party – April
- Scholarship Luncheon – May
- Jamaica Independence Gala – Summer
- Jamaica Community Family Picnic – Summer
- 5k Walk/RunFest – October
- Annual Election – November
- Christmas Party – December
- The Community Picnic and the Christmas party are open to all free of cost!
- *Ja-Ga Reggae Fest – Jamaica-Galveston Festival – TBD
- On behalf of the Jamaica Foundation of Houston, our condolences and deepest sympathy to the family of Mrs. Brinnella Knight who gained her wings on February 20, 2021. Mr. Anthony & Mrs. Brinnella Knight were contributors to the Foundation for many years! For those who would like to attend the streaming service, please click here:
- Our hearts are saddened by the loss of Dr. Dennis Easington, a talented musician who will be missed in our community. He worked with members of the Jamaica Foundation of Houston on cultural presentations in an effort to keep our culture alive in the Houston community. Prayers for his family and friends.
- We celebrate the life of the Rev. Dr. Melville B. Herron, one of Lauderhill, Florida’s most prominent civic activists. Rev. Herron is the brother of Mr. Edward Herron with the Jamaica Foundation of Houston. He is also the brother-in-law of Mr. Andy Adams, former President and current advisor to the Board of Directors for the Jamaica Foundation of Houston. Rev. Herron is survived by Grace, his wife of 61 years, and sons, Dwayne and Dexter (Hillary), he is survived by brother Edward of Houston, and sisters Gloria Dewdney (Trevor) of Jamaica and Monica Herron of Indian Lake Estates, plus a list of nieces, nephews, others relatives and friends too numerous to name. Obituary << click here to view
- Condolences to Mr. Seprian Davis, former Board Member for the Jamaica Foundation of Houston, for the loss of his mother. Mr. Davis has contributed to the Foundation over the years both as a member and as the business owner of Sunburst Trading Company, a leading company in the importation, marketing and distribution of specialty foods from the Caribbean in the Southwestern United States. On behalf of the Foundation, we send prayers for his family.
- Our deepest sympathy toMr. Ed Herron for the passing of his brother and to Mr. Andy Adams for the passing of his brother-in-law who passed away this May of 2020. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength.
- Condolences to Dr. Danelle Harris, for the passing of her grandmother who passed away the end of April 2020. May peace and comfort find you and family during this difficult time.
- Condolences to Sylvanus Danae for the loss of his brother. May the prayers of all people who love you bring solace to you and family.
- Condolences to Sijollie Braham, Founder and President of the Caribbean Chamber of Commerce of Texas (CCC), for the passing of her mother. May peace and comfort find you and family during this difficult time.
- With heartfelt sympathy, we send condolences to Mrs. Marjorie Cotton for the passing of her husband Mr. James Cotton who passed away Wednesday, September 11, 2019. As a former law professor of Texas Southern University, Mr. Cotton contributed the lives of many students and was a great supporter of the Jamaica Foundation of Houston as well as the Jamaican community. Mr. Cotton will be remembered well by his community and our thoughts and prayers are with the family.
- Our deepest condolences to Mrs. Stephanie Bent and her sister Mrs. Nadine Turner for the passing of their beloved mother, Mrs. Merlene Mavis Greenwood-Powell, this August 11, 2019. Losing a mother is one of the deepest sorrows a heart can know. Our sympathy also to her grandchildren for the loss of their grandmother. May the family be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding them, on behalf of family and friends of the Jamaica Foundation of Houston. Mrs. Stephanie Bent is the former Secretary for the Jamaica Foundation of Houston.
- Condolences to Ms. Gloria Campbell and family for the passing of Ms. Campbell’s beloved mother, this August 8, 2019. On behalf of members and friends of the Jamaica Foundation of Houston, we wish you comfort and the courage to face the days ahead, and loving memories to forever hold in your hearts. Ms. Gloria Campbell is the Vice President of the Jamaica Foundation of Houston.
- Members and friends of the Jamaica Foundation send condolences to Errol Anglin and family for the passing of Mr. Anglin’s beloved mother on July 16, 2019. Mr. Anglin is the current Treasurer and former President of the Jamaica Foundation. He has served the Jamaican and Greater Houston Community well for many years. This is an emotional time and our prayers are with the family.
- With heartfelt sympathy, we send condolences to family and friends of Mr. Ernest Byles, born January 3, 1934 and passed away on May 11, 2019. He is originally from Linstead, St. Catherine, Jamaica. Service will be held May 31, 2019.
- Our hearts are saddened by the loss of Dr. Roger McNeill, MD, who passed away Tuesday. He is highly respected for his years of service in the medical community and contributions to the Jamaica Foundation of Houston as well as the greater Houston community. Dr. McNeill will most certainly be remembered well by his community and our thoughts and prayers are with his family.